Careers at PennyMac
PennyMac was founded in 2008 with the mission of revitalizing the mortgage market and providing stability and alternatives to borrowers in need of help.
Today, we have modified over 4,000 loans, reduced $129 million in unpaid principal balance, and become one of the leading originators of loans through the government’s mortgage assistance programs. We have also expanded our capabilities to include retail lending, correspondent lending, and secondary marketing to become a full-service mortgage entity.
This transformation has only been made possible through the hard work and dedication of our loyal PennyMac employees. Our people are essential to continuing our growth and leadership in the mortgage finance industry. This growth also increases career opportunities and sustainable employee advancement for all members of the PennyMac team.
PennyMac's history is still young, and our journey is still largely untold. Much work remains to be done, and our emphasis on operational excellence has never been more important than right now. We are looking for team members who always perform to the highest standards and with the best interest of our borrowers, fellow employees, and our shareholders in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any protected characteristic.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (818) 224-7442 and ask for Human Resources.
Our Core Values
PennyMac has three core values: Accountability, Reliability, and Ethical Behavior. These values point the way to the right thing to do and guide all our interactions – with our customers, employees, business partners, and shareholders.
- Doing the right thing in an accountable way means we continuously seek to drive performance excellence though innovation, risk management, and active measurement.
- Doing the right thing reliably means we work together and commit ourselves fully to exceed customer expectations by operating with urgency and demonstrating out technical expertise.
- Doing the right thing ethically means we behave with honesty, fairness, and integrity to build the utmost trust among each other and everyone our business serves.
These core values keep us focused, and everyone benefits. As a result, our customers have a positive experience, our employees can take real pride in their work, and our ethical reputation raises the bar for the rest of the industry.
Why Join Our Team?
Whether you have years of mortgage experience or are just beginning your mortgage industry career, we always welcome talented, motivated people interested in:
- Joining a growing organization with the financial strength and stability to succeed in this challenging environment
- Continuing to develop their skills and expand their experience in an customer-centric environment that emphasizes high ethical standards, open communication, and excellence
- Enjoying opportunities for personal development and career advancement
- Enjoying a competitive total reward package of salary, bonus, incentives, and benefits